Thursday 1 November 2007

You should write a book...

Recently, several people said just that.
Sure, I'll do that just as soon as I can lock myself away for a year or two, glue my butt to the chair and find someone who will slide food under the door. I'd love to write a book, but there are so many reasons for not doing it.
* It's hard.
* It's lonely.
* It requires self-discipline and endurance, which I'm not sure I have.
* There is no guarantee of success.
Ok, so what would I do if I were to take the leap? I have lots of ideas and several books "in the works". But none of the people who encourage me to write a book are publishers. Or editors. Or agents. I think I need a guide to take me by the hand as well as massage my feet while I write.
Until I find such a person I think I'll just whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment