Saturday 4 April 2020

Reading 50K to Writing 50K app

"There are plenty difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." Ralph Morrison

Since I couldn't find a motivational app for writers that I like, I decided to write one myself. I am using a calendar to remind me each day that I need to write, a stopwatch to time the writing session, and a tape recorder.

The app is modeled on the original C25K (Couch to 5 km) running app but is adjusted for the life of a writer who is suffering from the often praised malady of reading too much and not getting anything written - thus the name: Reading 50K to Writing 50K.

During week 1, the program involves a 3-minute preparation, then two segments of 10 minutes of writing with a 3-minute break in the middle, followed by a 3-minute finishing up. Participants are encouraged to use it every day.

Here is the beta app to help you write regularly:

I am now working on week 2 (increasing the time writing) and packaging the app for marketing. 

Keep writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment