Wednesday 8 April 2020

Full moon and completion of another book.

Super moon
We are having a super big full moon this week. The moon is at the closest position to the earth. Big tides and big storms. Also, the full moon represents completion, the height of power, the realization of one's desires and the peak of clarity. It is a time to celebrate your growth, take note of what progress you have made and to reflect on how far you have come. 
I finished the final (hopefully) rewrite of my second book, Atlantic Crossing. Yes, I thought I was finished last September, but other things took over my life and I wasn't ready to publish. I lost my drive for most of the winter for some reason. 
But, my energy, drive, and self-discipline have returned and it is now time to polish it (again) and send it to some (more) beta readers. Four of my friends agreed to do it, we just need to negotiate the price or trade. I prefer to trade but we'll see. The usual offer is a signed copy of the published book. Three of my friends already told me they liked the first chapter. Keeping my fingers crossed they like the rest.


I also sent it to New York Book Editors (who in fact are located in Florida, not New York) for a quote. Given that I am not expecting this book to be a best seller or a life changer, their quote is quite a bit out of my budget. However, it is good to give it a try. Perhaps the next book will be more marketable.
They sent me the name and CV  of an editor who is interested in taking a look at my manuscript, but it doesn't look like she has any experience sailing, so no, it won't do.

Logbook from Atlantic Crossing
I compiled the manuscript into one file and while I am reading it, again, I keep finding a better way to say things. Also, while sorting things on the boat, I found my old logbook and some notes from the crossing. I will definitely have to read it and see if there is anything I can add to the book. 
Will this ever end with me being satisfied with the result? 
I so look forward to finally seeing it in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment